I hate breadcrumbs!! GRRRRRR
Let me clarify. I like breadcrumbs , what I DO NOT LIKE is crumbs left over when people make toast or from the toaster and they are left on the bread board.
No, what it is, is that I am VERY tidy and i don’t like crumbs as they look untidy.
Now having 3 boys and hubby, there is a lot of crumbs and being of the male persuasion, they don’t care and can’t understand what all the fuss is!! GRRRRRRRRRR. Cookie crumbs, food crumbs, don’t like 🙂
Today just a wee recipe using up the left over Pide dough from the other day https://greedybread.wordpress.com/2012/06/02/scrummy-yummy-yeasty-karisik-pide/.
I was going to freeze it but as it was a long weekend and i knew there would be hungry boys at home, i decided on a variation of the NZ spaghetti pizza. I was going to do calzone but nah………..Its a holiday, easy peasy yeasty beasty today.
Michelle’s easy peasy spaghetti pizza’s:
I know some of you will be reading this thinking “Why in Gods name is she putting pasta on pizza dough?” This is not a nutty kiwi thing. I am talking spaghetti, we eat. I am not sure who else eats this, I know the Aussies and Brits have a similar version but not as good as ours 🙂 It’s like a quick pizza version.
So get your left over dough or the recipe from above.
- Serves 3 hungry boys and Dad.I made 6 but you could do 8 people.
- You will need 1 large can ( 880g I think) of spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped up bacon pieces
- 1 cup of grated cheese, nice strong one but boys don’t really care!!
- Chop the dough in 6-8 pieces and roll out the dough.
- Place spaghetti on dough and spread out.
- Place bacon and cheese on dough as well (see below)
- Heat oven to 210 Celsius.
- Place spaghetti pizza’s in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling!!
- Remove from oven and eat straight away………….Heaven….
You can put whatever topping you like on here. You can use this as a pizza dough but I will be doing Pizza soon with a different flour. Another favourite NZ topping is Baked beans.
With this you are only limited by your imagination…………..
Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy…..
P.S: This is not the NZ special I have for you, I am making that tonight…………..and the new Altamura biga is beaut!!